Friday, August 20, 2010

Piper May Doric

Piper was born on Tuesday August 17, 2010 at 12:20 PM.

I was in labor at home for 36 hours. The labor was peaceful, full of love and always surrounded and supported by Tyler, my Mom Lois, and my father Paul. I was also visited by my massage therapist Fran, who is a beautiful soul. THE midwife Gina, who is truly one of the most inspiring and amazing women I have ever known and her student Allyn also attended for the last 12 hours.

Piper was born without any drugs or intervention. She was delivered at home in the same house Tyler grew up in, underwater where she was able to serenely transition from the womb. She stayed underwater and wide-eyed for a few moments while she sweetly took everything in. She was welcomed with smiles and tears of joy and immediately was brought to my breast where she stayed and bonded and breastfed for over an hour.

She has been a happy and peaceful baby and we are thrilled to finally meet her and offer her our best. She is a very strong, very special little soul and I am honored to be her mother.

I hope to write my entire birth story to share with anyone who is interested and especially soon to be moms who should know that a drug free, natural childbirth is completely attainable and worth every moment of discomfort and challenge. It is the greatest gift I have ever been able to give and I feel SO blessed that it happened.


(click on any image to see the bigger picture.)


moments before the last push.







Piper May Doric
Born August 17, 2010
!2:20 PM
21 inches long
7 lbs 14 oz


Pipers first outfit.


Her first trip in the car to see THE midwife Gina.


Dad holding Piper while mom gets examined.











The day before...

I was in "false" labor the night of taking this picture with 15 minute apart contractions for the entire night. They stopped by mid morning and were off and on all day the next day. I can't believe all of that baby was in that belly... wow.



Every little thing she does is magic...

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU so much for posting these beautiful pictures and your comments on giving birth to Piper! Ladies here in the campground lodge in Innsbruck Austria are asking and commenting on how lovely she is and asking here name. (So glad I can finally get to see her for myself)! I'm thrilled to hear what you have commented. I can see that everything she does is magic! I get it! Love
    Auntie Carla

    ReplyDelete