Tuesday, August 3, 2010

38 weeks and 6 days weekend update.

This weekend we went to the Dunedin Doggie Rescue dog wash at the Dunedin Brewery. It was way too hot for me! Jackie and Royal got washed and everyone but me got to enjoy a cold beer. I had root beer and it was delicious! You can see where I held the cold glass up to my shirt to keep cool :)

Yes I am as tired and uncomfortable as I look.



Today our bed finally got delivered. Just have to set it up and let it come alive for a couple days before we can sleep on it. Today at 430 I have a midwife appointment and will see if anything has changed since last week. I haven't felt much this week other than the baby moving around a lot and my back pain. The back pain is somewhat better as long as I don't move around too much. I have been getting massages at my chiropractics office by the most amazing woman. I feel so blessed to have been introduced to that place!

I had a dream last night that I went into labor in the middle of the night. Everyone was asleep and even though I tried, I couldn't wake them up. So.. I delivered the baby by myself and when they woke up there she was! She was beautiful...

I am nervous but I feel very prepared and confident. I know that no matter what happens I am going to meet my baby and that's what matters. I know I can do this. I have the strength of every other woman before me. I feel so blessed to have been given the gift of experiencing true creation.

Tyler is so excited too. He is giving me so much strength. He gives me massages every night and makes sure I am healthy and happy. I snapped this pic of him while he was napping last weekend... he is a beautiful man, the rare kind that we should all strive to be more like...

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed this post! I loved reading about your dream—that your body has an ancient wisdom that knows how to birth this little one!

    Also I love your quote "I feel very prepared and confident. I know that no matter what happens I am going to meet my baby and that's what matters. I know I can do this. I have the strength of every other woman before me." This is just the way I was visualizing you to be!

    I love Louise Hay and use her quotes every day in my life! She offers these affirmations for babies: (Of course, I have NEVER even had a baby—so I’m clueless!!! LOL! (So ignore these if you think they are ridiculous!)
    (Her other affirmations—101 Power Thoughts on CD--have made SUCH a difference in my life!)


    “The miracle of birth is a normal and natural process, and i go through it easily, effortlessly, and lovingly.”

    “I love experiencing my baby's birth.”

    “My baby and i have a joyous, loving, peaceful relationship. We are a happy family.”

    Talk and communicate with your baby. Prepare for the birthing experience so that it is a loving, easy experience for both of you. Describe the birth process to your baby in the most positive ways so that you can both cooperate with each other in supportive ways.

    I love you and am thinking of you SO OFTEN thru the day!

    Carla

    ReplyDelete