Wednesday, July 28, 2010

38 weeks

I want to blog this before I forget it all...

Yesterday I had my weekly midwife appointment. She examined me for the first time...

I am 5% effaced (how thinned out the cervix is. 100% = ready to push). 1 cm dilated (10 cm is ready to push) and the baby is 0 station (how high or low in the pelvis her head is. 0 is good! She is low, but not so low that I am in labor yet.) Gina said there is plenty of room for the baby to descend. That might sound weird to you but thats really comforting to me!

I gained (or the baby did) 1/2 a lb and my uterus hasn't gotten any bigger. I am still measuring small... so hopefully small baby!

The tub will be delivered this weekend. We have a bedroom ready for it!

Next week I will be examined again and we will have something to compare it too.

Unfortonuately, I have developed some serious back pain again. This is a reoccuring problem I have had my entire adult life. I saw the chiropractor and massage therapist yesterday and am going again tomorrow. It is so uncomfortable that all I can really do is lay around. I am also having some digestion issues that is making me dehydrated. It feels like it is because of stress so I am doing what I have to do to distance myself from any possible stress because some things are just more important.

Pics will come soon when I get around to it. I am going back to bed to RELAX and drinking gatorade and smart water and continue to play the waiting game.

4 comments:

  1. praying my chiropractor can help this back problem tomorrow. I really dont want to go through labor with this. I can barely move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending a warm hug. Hoping you feel much better--I see you gaining strength to welcome this little one into your world. Love, Carla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andrea, It's me again. I just wanted you to know that I find you on my mind SO OFTEN! I am sending you lots of positive energy and love.

    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete