Thursday, July 22, 2010

37 weeks FULL TERM!

the time has come. I am 37 weeks. 37 weeks = full term. full term = baby can be born anytime and be healthy and mature enough. 37 weeks to the midwife patient = in the clear to have the baby with the midwife and not at a hospital. (more on midwife's and natural birth coming soon.)

On Monday we (finally) got our second ultrasound. We only were getting a second one because the first one saw a possible mass in the stomach area. We went to Bayfront for the appointment and I am SOOOOOO glad I chose to have my baby with Gina (my midwife) and not somewhere like Bayfront.

The ultrasound went REALLY fast. It was a blur. But all good news... she is cephalic (head down) = perfect position for birth (good baby!), healthy with no mass, small but not too small, fingers, toes, and a very pretty face. We got this one blurry shot of her profile (she is looking towards your left). Sorry it got folded up. whoops.

sc00232cbc

Does this make more sense?

index-2

I am trying to go swimming as much as possible because it is great excersize and the only time I feel comfortable and cool. Today me and my mom and dad went to Ozona Blue and here is some sexy 37 week pregnant lady pics...





Do I look pregnant still?



Dad said to pose like a model and this is all I had in me...



Oh, and I saw one of my favorite people today- my chiropractor. I invited her to attend our labor and delivery. Turns out she recently has decided to specialize in Pediatric Chiropractics and was honored that I ask her. I am honored that I will (hopefully) be her first birth.

Sometimes you don't get what you want, you get what you need.

7 comments:

  1. You look amazing! And SHE is beautiful too!! Have you invited her to come out?!

    I'm tuned in to hear the day!

    Love you.

    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you! I have invited her but not exactly yet would be best... still need to do a few things.

    Should be interesting! Can't wait for you to meet her!!! She is a special little lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think she is ready to come out to see what all the commotion is about, great idea to invite her!!

    She is going to be a perfect little lady and wait till mum is ready, I think.

    Then all can go smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can't believe it's time! i'm beyond excited for you. i wish i could have made it for the shower, but i would rather come down sometime and meet her :) hey, if you can hold out a couple more weeks she may have the same birthday as my niece :) no big deal, right?? do you still need anything in particular from your baby registry or otherwise?

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi kim! i miss you! I don't know what else I need... nothing really I dont think. I dont know!
    When is your nieces birthday?

    ReplyDelete
  6. august 12. i was there when she crawled the first time a few months ago, and she just took her first steps a few days ago (caught on video)! babies are pretty awesome, right up there with puppies and kittens :) hang in there, lady, this is gonna be one rad kid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim your words always uplift me. You're good! I love you!

    ReplyDelete