Saturday, August 14, 2010

heaven on earth.

I recently have been watching episodes of Cake Boss to pass the time when I am feeling lazy. It is about a Italian bakery in Hoboken, NJ. Of course, now I NEED Italian pastries. I never liked cannoli but after learning more about them I think maybe I needed to have a REAL one.. like... not from Olive Garden.

So this afternoon, after psychotically cleaning the house following Tyler's failed attempt at French Toast (the house got smoked, he is learning and I predict a future Michelin chef), we went to Mazzaro's for the first time. All I have to say is- this place is heaven on earth. I am looking forward to spending more time there sipping espresso's and eating my new favorite thing- cannoli.

After we stocked up on pastries, we stopped at St. Pete's other slice of heaven... Red Mesa. Red Mesa has the most amazing Mexican food. Once you eat there, no where will be good enough!

Tyler snapped some pics of me at 40 weeks and 3 days prego in the insane heat... I can't believe I am still pregnant! Sometimes I feel absolutely fine with it, other times I just can't wait to go into labor...

As long as I have Italian pastries and amazing Mexican food though, everything is A-OK!







2 comments:

  1. You give those flamingos character!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU LOOK A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! Your health glows from your face and eyes--how rare is that in this day and age??!!!

    I'm thrilled that you are taking such great care of your'selves'!

    You have also guaranteed an extra early visit with the publishing of the info about Red Mesa. Steve is a Mexican food aficionado!

    I just talked to Lois...we take off Tuesday night ....hoping for news before we leave...if not I'll be watching your site as often as possible for more info. I love you Andrea. Hugs to you and Tyler and all around.

    Auntie Carla

    ReplyDelete