Friday, October 8, 2010

leprechauns.

Yesterday, my mom, Piper, and I went to Natures Food Patch to spend too much money on tea and olives.

Piper stayed in her car seat with a very breathable blanket over it. As soon as we got there, this adorable little old man with an Irish accent walked up to us and asked why I was hiding her. I said she was a secret. He asked to see her. I lifted the blanket and they stared at each other for a while before he said, "Look at her eyes. She isn't a baby. She is just in a babies body. She knows."

I was rather speechless because this is exactly how I think of Piper. She is already more of my teacher than my pupil. My daughter and my mother. I can't wait to ask her what she was doing before she came to us and why she is here. I know we have so much more to learn from her than her from us. For now, she is "stuck" in her little helpless body and I am happy to do my best to provide a healthy and love-filled world for her to blossom.

I wish I would have talked more to that man. Maybe we will see him again...

3 comments:

  1. Wow Andrea, that made me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a magical moment, he was a
    precious wise man. We don't know why we are here but someone does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW! Powerful story! Thanks for sharing!

    Carla

    ReplyDelete