Sunday, March 7, 2010

Goldfish

I came on here to try and put into words how it felt to see our baby on the ultrasound and find out... its (probably) a GIRL!!!
yippppee!!!

But then, just now... I started feeling little flutters in my belly. I was sure when I woke up this morning that I would feel something more official today. Everything I felt so far has been questionable. But tonight, I am pretty sure there are goldfish swimming around in there and occasionally bumping into the sides.

Anywho, the ultrasound was an amazing experience. I had to have a full bladder. If you have ever been pregnant you know that this is just about a prego womans worst nightmare. If you haven't... basically when you are pregnant a variety of reasons will make you pee, constantly. So... this was basically torture and I was afraid I would pee myself. But, when we got into the cute little pink room and I layed down on the table and they squirted the warm good on my belly... i totally forgot I had to pee at all as soon as I saw the little creature on the screen. We are pretty sure we caught her sucking her thumb right at the beginning. Not surprising, she was being a gymnast and wouldn't sit still or give us a good angle at all to see a good, clear shot of her. But we got to see her pretty fingers and toes, her perfect nose, and even the lense of her eye! The tech measured that she is more like 19 weeks instead of 17 so we shall see what our midwife says about that!

The tech asked if we wanted to know whether it was a boy or a girl. I kinda forgot all about that cause I didn't even care... it was amazing seeing a healthy beautiful baby in there that we made! But, finally we moved down to the femur and at first it was iffy but then it was pretty clear- it's a girl!

At that moment... I dont think I can put it in words. I just became so happy, so joyous, so blissful... and I have been floating around like this since. Seeing her and watching her dance around and how perfect she is- wow. Everything else in life just seems... not that big of a deal.

We got some ultrasound shots but they aren't that great and pale in comparison to seeing her dancing around live. I will scan some in when I figure out how to get my scanner working again.

Now I am going to go back to sitting still on the couch and wait for the goldfish.

1 comment: