Wednesday, February 16, 2011

first food?

I decided a while ago that I would not be rushing Piper beginning to eat "solid" foods. She reaches for food but she reaches for EVERYTHING so I am still in no hurry to feed her food. She is doing very well with exclusive breast milk.

Anywho-
Last week, Piper's Great Grandmother Edie gave Pi her first Valentines Day card. We all sat around while Ty held Piper as she inspected her Valentines Day card. Edie (who is German) spelled Pipers name "Peiper", which is SO CUTE and German. Piper liked it so much she decided this would be her first food...



I was so nervous that she ate this toxic red paper. However, she promptly pooped it out, fully intact the next day. I will not show you a picture of that.

I figured it was a one time thing, at least til she gets older.

We spend a lot of time outside gardening. Piper plays on her blanket while I water plants.


I learned the hard way that she knows how to pull the blanket towards her so she can get to the dirt and leaves. This is how I found her:






Since this she has helped herself to some more dirt and plants as well as the corner of a magazine. Perhaps it IS soon time to offer her big girl food...

2 comments:

  1. look how tired she looks in that outide picture! Wow! She was refusing naps that day!

    ReplyDelete